As another year wraps up I thought I’d update my annual mention of a few of the people and organizations making the world a better place. Yes, even after the indescribable acts we’ve experienced this year, we need now more than ever, to focus on the good that surrounds us.
Some of the organizations are local and some faraway but all deserve high praise for their vision, commitment, dedication and generous spirit. This year the list includes some smaller and perhaps not yet well-known organizations but their vision and passion give me personal inspiration and hope for the future. Take an opportunity to fill yourself with the warmth and love generated by these stories.
- Rotary International’s End Polio Now
- Operation Warm
- Pure Water for the World
- The Dictionary Project
- NABA – Northeast Association for the Blind at Albany
- The Century House Enjoy One, Share One program
- Vascular Birthmark Foundation
- The Animal Support Project
- Tiny Superheroes
- The Empowerment Plan
- Best Friends
- The Catherine Violet Hubbard Animal Sanctuary
Greetings of the season to all my friends and family.